Monday, September 8, 2008

Parents are not supposed to bury their children-it's just not right

My kids are fine...please don't worry!

But there is a story that I read about back when I was pregnant. It was awful. A couple in California was driving down the freeway and a semi truck came up too fast on their mini van and crumpled the back end of the van. Where their 3 children were. Kyle, Emma and Katie were killed that day. I remember being so thankful that my 2 boys were home safe with me, and thanking God that I was having a pretty healthy pregnancy of my 3rd little boy. Then I felt guilty that I was thankful for my kids. Of course, I couldn't help it. Then I cried. 3 little innocent kids were gone. Parents that absolutely cherished these children were left heart broken and alone. All I could think of was-how do you go on? How can you find it in your heart to love again-knowing what could happen?

I'm so glad these beautiful people did go on. Because now there are 3 more in their family! They welcome Ashely, Ellie, and Jake into the world back on April 30 of this year. Can you imagine? I go back and forth on my faith and what I believe and what not. But this story...wow. I mean, you lose a little boy and 2 little girls in one big swoop and then to get 1 little boy and 2 little girls all at once? Really? How can you NOT believe that's the kids watching out for their mom and dad? (and grandparents too!) Not that one set of children replaces the others...there is no way that will ever happen. But now there are 3 more people in this world to remember Kyle, Emma and Katie. To help pass on their legacy.

And because of their loss, the family has been involved in fixing the truck safety on the highways. HOw can they NOT help? Who would doubt what they say as they show pictures and videos of those beautiful happy children?

I think about them all the time, which is weird, since I don't know them. But those children....they just speak to you. You watch their videos and you look at their pictures and then you know they are gone. But they aren't. You know? Their parents want to make sure no one forgets them...and I have to say I don't think I will ever forget this family. Which means that this is one more person that will keep their legacy going. I hug my boys a little tighter because of them. I watch cars around me constantly because of them. I drive slower than I used to...because of them.

Here's their story if you would like to see these beautiful kids.
http://www.laderatimes.com/Coble_Diary.html

1 comment:

*Jennifer* said...

okay- i am sitting at work with tears streaming down my face. this is exactly why i NEVER watch the news, my heart can't bare the weight of these kinds of stories. ia m so glad their family had the strenght to go on. i will go home and hug my boys very tight tonight.

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Richmond, Texas, United States
I am a stay at home mom to 4 boys-a teen, a kindergartener, a toddler and a new lil one! There is no lack of antics at my house. I found true love on the internet (but I dated him in high school)! We recently moved to Richmond (a suburb of Houston) after 3 years in DFW area. I am still unpacking this house and trying to make everything fit-I feel like I am shoving a square into a circle! It's been a year-don't judge. It's not nice. My best friend is my sister-when I don't want to kill her. I am slightly obsessed with photography, scrapbooking and polka dots...in that order. I claim that pink is my favorite color, but I'm a fan of all color! There is a skinny girl screaming inside me...but I just shut her up with chocolate!

My loot

Minolta Maxxum 7D
Minolta 50mm 1.8
Minolta 18-70
Minolta 28-100
Minolta 75-300
Vivitar 850AFM
Keinko Extension Tubes
Crumpler 6 million dollar
Wicked Stitch bag
Photoshop Elements 5

Labels