Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike is coming!!!

Can I say I hate hurricanes?! Really, I do. Though I am better at handling them than tornadoes. (at least we knew Ike was coming!) So we are all home now (well, at my inlaws) and everything is put up in the garage....and now the fun begins. do you know how much fun it is to have 4 adults and 3 kids with 2 dogs inside a house for probably the whole weekend? yeah...that.

I'm already ready to bite heads off, because people are stupid and just want to be mean. But I have to be the bigger person. Don't understand it, but whatever. If I say anything, then i'm the bad guy, so I'll just leave well enough alone and just be pissed off.

So.......for those of you that don't know where we are...we are in SW Houston. If you hear them talking about Sugarland, Richmond, Rosenburg, Stafford-that's close to us. (for non Houstonians, it's easier to listen to the other cities around us, then to look for us in Houston). We will be impacted by Ike, depending on how strong it stays as it comes ashore. But we will not have a storm surge. We are a good hour, hour and a half away from the shore-thank God.

I will get back on and let ya know how we faired when I can. Hopefully we won't lose power. Oh Lord help me if we do.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Richmond, Texas, United States
I am a stay at home mom to 4 boys-a teen, a kindergartener, a toddler and a new lil one! There is no lack of antics at my house. I found true love on the internet (but I dated him in high school)! We recently moved to Richmond (a suburb of Houston) after 3 years in DFW area. I am still unpacking this house and trying to make everything fit-I feel like I am shoving a square into a circle! It's been a year-don't judge. It's not nice. My best friend is my sister-when I don't want to kill her. I am slightly obsessed with photography, scrapbooking and polka dots...in that order. I claim that pink is my favorite color, but I'm a fan of all color! There is a skinny girl screaming inside me...but I just shut her up with chocolate!

My loot

Minolta Maxxum 7D
Minolta 50mm 1.8
Minolta 18-70
Minolta 28-100
Minolta 75-300
Vivitar 850AFM
Keinko Extension Tubes
Crumpler 6 million dollar
Wicked Stitch bag
Photoshop Elements 5

Labels