Saturday, November 28, 2009

gobble gobble

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! This one was a little bittersweet. I received news late Wednesday night that my cousin, my mom's first cousin, passed away. She was only 55 years old. Close to my mom's age. That is not a good feeling. I had been upset Wednesday thinking about how Thanksgiving was before I was married. I remembered the burn n serve rolls (aka brown n serve rolls) that my grandma always made. The dressing that my family makes. We always had to make 2 green bean casseroles because the first one was always eaten before the actual dinner took place. (I have NO IDEA who did that, none whatsoever) So to find out about Aunt Debbie was just par for the course. (yes, we called her Aunt Debbie, actually more like Ain't Debbie-just a southern thing I guess)

Thursday was us deciding if Elliot and I would be going to my mother in laws house. Elliot has been stuffed up for a day or so and I didn't want to bring him out and around others. But my mother in law insisted. And I felt bad about it. There was only one of Kevin's siblings going to the in laws, so she was already upset. So we went. I'm glad we did. It was really nice. Tim and Kerri brought a bounce house and by the kids reactions, all was right with the world!

And the static electricity makes Gabe look sorta spikey.

There was lots of running around and riding bikes too. We love that Grammy lives in a cul de sac.
There was lots of playing with our family and making Christmas decorations.

I managed to capture the a rare site on camera. I am disappointed at the overall photo, but to have captured it at all is a great accomplishment that i am very proud of!!!
The elusive teenager!! The only proof that Austin was actually at Thanksgiving. This was also the first holiday since his dad passed away. It's a little different than most because he didn't know his dad. But he is very close to his dad's sister now and it was very rough for her. Friday was also Vinnie's birthday, again the first since his death. Austin spent Friday with them. That was tough for me, because I am not used to him splitting the holiday time with anyone. But I was already so sentimental after Debbie's death, I could understand why Renee needed Austin. Besides, I can't imagine losing my sibling. That's just awful.

We had a fantastic dinner and lots of family time. Fun was had by all!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Richmond, Texas, United States
I am a stay at home mom to 4 boys-a teen, a kindergartener, a toddler and a new lil one! There is no lack of antics at my house. I found true love on the internet (but I dated him in high school)! We recently moved to Richmond (a suburb of Houston) after 3 years in DFW area. I am still unpacking this house and trying to make everything fit-I feel like I am shoving a square into a circle! It's been a year-don't judge. It's not nice. My best friend is my sister-when I don't want to kill her. I am slightly obsessed with photography, scrapbooking and polka dots...in that order. I claim that pink is my favorite color, but I'm a fan of all color! There is a skinny girl screaming inside me...but I just shut her up with chocolate!

My loot

Minolta Maxxum 7D
Minolta 50mm 1.8
Minolta 18-70
Minolta 28-100
Minolta 75-300
Vivitar 850AFM
Keinko Extension Tubes
Crumpler 6 million dollar
Wicked Stitch bag
Photoshop Elements 5

Labels