Saturday, December 5, 2009

today is the day of Pioneer Woman book signing

and I'm NOT there!!! boohoo I am doing the right thing though. I know. We are all sick. She doesn't need to be sick. But SERIOUSLY??!! I believe these children (otherwise known as Devil's Spawn) are cooking up something to keep me from doing anything other than what they want to do. It does not involve me going off meeting an idol while they are at home without me. Heaven forbid I do anything without them!! Even if I included them in it, they would complain the whole time I was in line. I heard the lines are HOURS long. But I would have waited. In the freezing cold. With snow. (yes snow!!!! in Houston) I betcha she is freaking out wondering why Houston was the first place that had snow. But we did.

And we played in it. Even though we were sick.


Seriously...how cute is he?! I mean really...


And this is where Gabe is pretty much telling me he is done.
Do you want to know why my kids think everything I do has to involve/revolve around them?? Here is why...this is my backyard. Well, it was when we bought this house. Then we moved in. And THEY took over. EVERY.STINKING.SQUARE.INCH. They even use the shed for their storage! The patio doesn't have pretty furniture on it, it has rubbermaid tubs full of backyard toys and sandbox toys. When you look out the upstairs window over the neighborhood, there are no other houses that have this. Sam told me so. We have the best backyard he says. :-) And THAT'S why I wouldn't have it any other way.
and can I proudly say how cheap all this was??!! We only paid full price for that swingset-3 years ago. Everything else came off of craigslist and was so cheap. I love that!

So then Bubba (Austin) and Sam came home from school and we had to go back outside in the snow. Poor Gabe's hands were so cold he was in pain! Unfortunately we use knit gloves around here. Those are NOT good for making snowballs with your brother. And your hands hurt later. So much that you cry.

Of course then there is Sammy. He gets off the bus like this. Jacket? In his backpack. Yeah, cause THAT'S where it goes! (love that hat though! It came from Mudpies and Pigtails. I wish I could buy more!!! But as much as I like her, my bank account -aka my husband-doesn't)


This is Sam's friend (our neighbor) Joshua. Gabe loves being around them, so he always is!
This is Sam's first snow angel. He was so proud!! oh my gosh...my boys are so handsome!!! Seriously, how can you stand it??

These hoodlums? I have no clue who they are. They look like they are up to no good. They are trying to cover their faces and their hands. No witnesses and no fingerprints. Yep, up to no good!!! I am not related to, nor is anyone I am related to related to any of these hoods. And I most definately do not hang out with any of their mothers. Nor am I the mother of any of them!Sam, Joshua, and Nicholas. Always up to no good.


See I told you. Look at them trampling all over our poor neighbors flowers!!! They were playing with their little boy, but he ran and hide everytime he saw the camera.So stinking cute!!

Now we are off to Grammy's for some visiting and picking up a few of her decorations that she is giving us. Every year they buy something else and they just pass on their older stuff.

Oh and I just discovered Christmas shopping on line. It's wonderful. Especially when you don't want to take a 3 month old and a 2 yr old in public, in strollers, in Christmas crowds. In and out of carseats. I bought 4 peoples gifts on line. They are going to be delivered to my house. How wonderful!!

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

Cute pictures and story!

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Richmond, Texas, United States
I am a stay at home mom to 4 boys-a teen, a kindergartener, a toddler and a new lil one! There is no lack of antics at my house. I found true love on the internet (but I dated him in high school)! We recently moved to Richmond (a suburb of Houston) after 3 years in DFW area. I am still unpacking this house and trying to make everything fit-I feel like I am shoving a square into a circle! It's been a year-don't judge. It's not nice. My best friend is my sister-when I don't want to kill her. I am slightly obsessed with photography, scrapbooking and polka dots...in that order. I claim that pink is my favorite color, but I'm a fan of all color! There is a skinny girl screaming inside me...but I just shut her up with chocolate!

My loot

Minolta Maxxum 7D
Minolta 50mm 1.8
Minolta 18-70
Minolta 28-100
Minolta 75-300
Vivitar 850AFM
Keinko Extension Tubes
Crumpler 6 million dollar
Wicked Stitch bag
Photoshop Elements 5

Labels